Wednesday, November 4, 2009

JSG Wedding Beauty Part 2

Yesterday I let you in on all my at-home wedding beauty secrets, today I'm bringing in professional help.

Here's my wedding beauty checklist for the week:

On Wednesday, I'm headed to Sally Hersberger Face Place to see two of my favorite people, Tom and Erica for a facial and a medicure. The two of them are bundles of positive energy who almost have too much fun while on the job. Though others may advise against getting a facial three days before a wedding (or other big event), I checked in with Tom who said that since I've had a facial with him before, with glowing results, that three days was the way to go.



At the same time I'm getting the facial, Erica will be doing my medicure, her should-be-patented pedicure with a drill. I'm thinking about going with Sephora by OPI's Mermaid to Order as my something blue on my toes. (Gotta a favorite wedding-appropriate blue? I'm open to suggestions!)



Thursday, I'm headed to the John Barrett Salon for eyelash extensions, then to Warren Tricomi for a blowout. (Gotta look hot at the rehearsal dinner!)

Somewhere in there, I need to figure in time for a bikini sugaring treatment so I'm bathing suit ready for the honeymoon and time to spray tan.

I'm waiting until Saturday for my manicure, because I don't want even the slightest hint of a chip. I'm headed to the Sweet Lily Natural Nail Spa, because it's A) One of my favorite nail salons in the city. I love the shabby chic decor. B) It's close to my hotel, the Tribeca Grand. I already know I'm using Tracey Reese for Sally Hansen's Opulent Cloud, because, it's simply the most beautiful nail color I have ever seen.

wedding beauty nails

I'll be getting my hair done by my regular stylist, Sarah Rappolt at the downtown Bumble and Bumble. We did a trial last week and I also had my color done by Joseph Mullen at Blackstone's. The rest of my bridal party is getting blowouts at Bumble, too.

Lucky for me, my dear friend, Emily Warren is a talented makeup artist who has worked on countless magazine and advertising shoots and backstage at many a fashion week, most recently in Paris. Here's a sneak peek of the look she's doing:

wedding beauty makeup
We'll be sure to post a photo or two from the wedding with the completed look!

4 comments:

Laura said...

So pretty! Congrats!!

tonya said...

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your eye makeup! so pretty. And I agree 100% that your something blue should be on the toes in the form of nailpolish. I have and love Mermaid in the shade, but personally think it pulls a little too green to be your "blue".

I would suggest essie aruba blue, zoya indigo or tart, china glaze carribean blue, sephora for OPI underwater fantasy, or OPI regular yoga-ta get this blue, ink or russian navy. Just my opinion. :-) I'm sure you will look FAB no matter what you do.

All Lacquered Up said...

How exciting, congrats on your upcoming nuptials.

May I suggest China Glaze For Audrey for your wedding pedi? It's the perfect Tiffany blue creme and a big hit with brides for their "something blue"

Related Posts with Thumbnails