Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Peek Inside the Skinny Bitch's Carry On

Kim Barnouin
Kim Barnouin is the co-author of Skinny Bitch and its spin offs, Skinny Bitch in the Kitch, Skinny Bitch Bun in the Oven, and Skinny Bastard. Our friend Phoebe said these vegan recipes were delicious and the ones she returns to frequently.  We're planning on trying the enchiladas and the mac and cheese, two of our favorite splurges that we hate to give up when we're watching what we eat.  You can also find her on her website Healthy Bitch Daily

What kind of carry on do you use when flying?

I got this awesome purse from Humanitaire in Santa Monica made from recycled materials. It’s huge and I love it because I can put everything I need in it for my flight, plus it still fits under the seat in front of me! If it’s a short trip, then I use a cute little carry on suitcase I got from Target.


What do you read?

Us Weekly

Because I’m a busy mom and I’m always doing research in books about health and food, I love to buy like 3 or 4 entertainment magazines such as Us Weekly, OK, and People Magazine. It’s my guilty pleasure. But those are just for one leg of my journey; the way home is my time to read a non-research book. My latest favorites are; Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert, and The Female Brain by Louann Brizendine, M.D


What's on your iPod?
Earth, Wind, and Fire

Earth, Wind & Fire (above), Red Hot Chili Peppers, Zero 7, the podcast from NPR: Fresh Air, and usually an audio book.


What electronics?
iPod

Ipod for music and my laptop for movies or email, I was on a couple of cross- country flights recently that didn’t show a movie, but I was prepared with a few movies that I downloaded from iTunes. I want to check out the new iPad, I’m sure that is going to be addicting.


Do you bring snacks with you?

Yes, I have to. I Usually I pack a sandwich (I love Tofurky oven roast deli slices, with avocado, tomato and Veganaise mayo)


Do you have a special wrap or throw?

I carry warm socks in my huge purse, because my feet always get cold. And I bring a wrap from Me & Blue, it’s so comfortable and it’s like having a light sweater and a small blanket in one.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails